Section 1. General
The Department will adhere to all applicable rules and regulations and the
provisions in this Article in the operation of parking facilities within the Frances
Perkins Building (FPB).
Section 2. Assignment of Carpool Spaces
a. In assigning available carpool parking spaces in the FPB, the Department
will use the following criteria:
(1) The primary carpool applicant must be a full-time DOL employee;
(2) Other carpool members may be employed outside DOL;
(3) Applicants can only apply for one (1) carpool;
(4) All applicants must be full-time carpool members;
(5) Priority will be given to applications containing the largest number of
carpool riders; and
(6) In the event of a tie, a carpool application with the highest total
years of Federal Service will be selected.
b. For purposes of determining carpool size, children attending the DOL Child
Development Center will be considered additional carpool members if the
carpool is composed of at least three (3) adult members.
c. DOL employees receiving a transit subsidy under the Department’s Transit
Subsidy Program are not eligible to simultaneously participate in a carpool.
Employees listed on a carpool application who are receiving a transit
subsidy from DOL are not eligible for the Transit Subsidy Program.
Section 3. Changes in Garage Operations and Parking Fees
Management will notify the Union of proposed changes to the administration of
parking facilities affecting working conditions of bargaining unit employees and
prior to implementing the changes negotiate to the extent required by law.
Parking fees will change in accordance with changes in the cost of operating the
garage, exclusive of the cost of security.